195 – 199 Drummond Street, Carlton
This is a row of three, three storey terraces, which originally had pediments to the parapet and cast iron frieze and balustrade to the balconies and corbelling and urns to the wing walls. The terrace at 199 Drummond Street is the most altered and has been re-styled in circa 1950.
The owners were proposing a suite of works to return the terraces to their original Victorian appearance. The works were based on historical research and documentation prepared by Andronas Conservation Architects. In June 2014 the VHRF Committee agreed to offer a grant of $8,500 towards render works, involving the replacement of urns, pediments and corbels to the parapet.
These works as well as other works being undertaken by the owners have greatly improved the appearance of the row of terraces and returned them to their original Victorian appearance in this significant Drummond Street streetscape.